The Client’s Need. Our client, a major automotive information products company, was reorganizing its IT team to better keep up with market opportunities. The organization’s new CIO envisioned small rapid-development teams that could quickly bring products to market.
How We Helped. In a newly-created team reporting directly to the CIO we advanced the IT team’s vision in the following ways:
- Added resources to support existing legacy products.
- Interviewed, hired and on-boarded all team personnel: analysts, developers, testers, technical managers.
- Implemented Agile development methodology as part of larger organizational effort.
- Worked in close partnership with business development and marketing teams to formulate product plans, business cases, and rollout strategies for a new generation of of syndicated data products, allowing rapid monetization of the client’s wealth of vehicle pricing and configuration information.
- Provided management leadership of the new team until roll-out of the first wave of products.
Outcome. In a matter of a few months the new team rolled out multiple revenue-driving products that are still in the marketplace.